Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Negotiating Tips: Negotiating & The Stock Market

Hello All:

Many of you know that I have an ongoing challenge to the world at large, that is, I have challenged anyone to prove me wrong concerning:” There is nothing in finance, business or relationships that can not be Negotiated !”

One of my faithful newsletter subscribers Bob has poised the challenge! He thinks that there is no negotiating when it comes to buying stocks, bonds, Forex or options in the financial/stock market.

I’m sorry Bob, but my undefeated record stands ! Yes, it’s true that the market makers set the buy and sell prices; however, there is nothing engraved in stone that says you can’t throw an offer out to see if they will take it – let me give you an example.

If you were to trade stock options you might see the following:

Bid 1.20 Ask 1.35 ( we buy at the ask, and sell at the bid )

In this example if we were buying the option the Ask is 1.35, but we could place an order for 1.25 and there is about a 60% chance the market makers will fill that order !

Remember, everything is negotiable even in the trading markets !

So with that, I’m sorry Bob as you can see it is possible to negotiate your price/terms in the stock market – I hope this opens a new avenue of negotiating for you.

Until next time, be well.


James Gage

www.NegotiatingForALiving.com

PS: Don’t forget my 50% off Holiday Sale on my Independent Arbitration Home Study Course, and 20% off of my One-0n-One Mentoring Programs !

http://negotiatingforaliving.com/negotiating-tools.html

No comments: