Sunday, March 29, 2009

Negotiating Tips: Real Estate Short Sales Part 3

Hello All:

Here we are at blog entry # 3 on how I negotiated a short sale for way under fair market value.

After the Realtor presented my concerns and offer to the bank, the bank counted with a higher sales price dismissing my fix up costs. So what did I do? I had contractors sign affidavits substantiating my fix up costs and assessment of the property, I then submitted this and the original offer back to the bank.

Less then 24 hours later the bank agreed to my terms. Why? I was able to document and substantiate what I represented in negotiations.

Remember, when you have the facts on your side, you argue the facts, when you have the law on your side,you argue the law, when you have neither, you pound the table.

Until next time.

James A. Gage

No comments: