Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Negotiating Tips: Tip 1 of 8

Hello All:

If you have read my blog for any length of time, you will know that I have given a lot of negotiating tips to you to use in your personal and professional lives. That being said, I would like to give you another 8 tips over the next eight posts; these too will allow you to have the edge on your opponent when negotiating!

Be willing to Negotiate:

Some people are too shy to talk about money. Others think it's rude or demeaning. And in many cases they're right. However, when it comes to doing a deal - and we all have to sometimes - being unwilling to engage in "money-talk" can be a very expensive business.

There are a lot of experienced negotiators out there. If you're buying a house or a car, or taking a new job, you can be sure you'll have to deal with such a person. If they can see you're timid about the whole business, many will take advantage of that fact.

You also shouldn't be shy about turning something that may not immediately appear to be a negotiation into one. If I'm buying a few expensive things from the same store, I'll often ask them to throw something in for free or reduce the price. Just because there's no sign saying you can do that, doesn't mean you can't. Often, simply by asking for something extra I'll get a better deal.

Until next time be well.

James A. Gage

Click Here for more great articles.

1 comment:

Belinda Dawson said...

http://www.m/
Hi,
 
I am Belinda Dawson the webmaster of some finance related sites and blogs and my sites are doing fine in major search engines. While searching in Google I have found your blog negotiatingforprofit.blogspot.com and as we both are in the similar field, I would like to exchange links with your site.
 
I have some healthy content pages in my websites and will give you some healthy links from my websites.
 
I believe that only good content will not help you in gaining the Google values. For that purpose healthy content link exchange or Normal link exchange is essential. If you agree with this we can exchange some articles as well as good links which will provide an extra benefit to our sites.
 
I can assure you that you will get good Search Engine value from our link.
 

 Waiting for your reply to come. My mail address is: belinda[dot]dawson1984[at]gmail[dot]com
 
Regards
Belinda Dawson