Friday, January 8, 2010

Negotiating Tip: No Today, Doesn't Mean No Tomorrow

To many times we as negotiators give up on sales calls, contracts or just plain one-on-one negotiating because someone told us no. Why? Because somewhere along life's journey we have been told if someone tells us no today, that means tomorrow the answer will be the same - nothing could be further from the truth!
Over the past 20 plus years that I have been negotiating, there have been numerous times that if I did not revisit the issue after a client or prospect said no to me, I would have missed out on the transaction or deal.

Once you have received cutting edge negotiating training like I provide my students, it will become second nature to you when it is appropriate to revisit an issue or prospect. To learn more about my training program or sign up for a Free Newsletter click here .

No comments: